Carbureted Small Block Ford Entry-Level Systems
Part Numbers and Prices listed below.
Master Stocking Distributors Only
This product is only available through Master Stocking Distributors and may not be ordered directly. Contact us for more information on where to buy this product.
Add up to 75% more horsepower to your Small Block Ford at a low cost with a Paxton Entry Level Universal Supercharger Kit, featuring the Paxton PowerHat™ Carburetor Bonnet Assembly with diffusion technology.
- Designed for 1964-1968 small block Ford applications equipped with carbureted 260-302ci engines.
- This kit requires the installer to supply a high volume boost referenced fuel pump and properly jetted Holley 4150-type carburetor unit (with mechanical secondaries).
- The kit allows retention of power steering and the alternator (generators must be replaced).
- 1967-68 Mustangs may require relocation of the battery
- Horsepower gains (depending on boost levels, engine volumetric efficiency etc.): 30-75%+
- Supplied pulley ratio will produce approximately 6-8 psi at 5500 rpm on a mildly modified 289” engine
- Installation time: 4-10 hours depending on application
- CARB E.O. numbers do not apply to this kit
- The supplied supercharger discharge tube is intended to fit a wide range of manifold heights; however, applications equipped with “high-rise” intake manifolds may require minor adjustment/trimming for optimum fit.
Included Components and Features
- Novi 1200SL supercharger with 3.7” 8-rib pulley (CW rotation, curved discharge, passenger side mount)
- Billet aluminum mounting bracket with all necessary hardware and provision for alternator mount
- Supercharger drive assembly
- Integrated manual belt tensioner with sealed bearing tensioner pulley and 8-rib belt
- Billet aluminum 8-rib supercharger crank pulley with hard anodize finish (6.88” diameter)
- High-grade mounting hardware
- Supercharger air inlet filter
- Mandrel bent aluminum discharge tube with clamps and silicone sleeves
- Cast aluminum PowerHat™ Carburetor bonnet assembly featuring diffusion technology.
- Unique low-profile design measures only 3.2” tall (overall height) and permits near-360 degree rotation for universal fitment
- Integrated air management features and diffuser element reduce jetting and other issues associated with traditional “carb hats”
- 3” diameter inlet port
- Includes sealing gaskets all necessary mounting hardware for attachment to Holley 4150-type carburetors
Required Components (Not Supplied)
Major components that are not included, but are necessary for proper system function and are to be supplied by the installer:
- Quickfuel, Demon or Holley 4150-type 4 barrel carburetor with mechanical secondaries; designed for “blow-though” applications (may require rejetting/minor modification)
- Recommended carburetor for most applications: Quickfuel p/n Q-750-BAN
- High-performance, boost referenced fuel pump
- Compressor bypass valve (see below for options available from Paxton)
- Accessory belts (will vary per application depending on accessory configuration and supercharger pulley diameters)
Other Suggested Components
- A compressor bypass valve is suggested for all applications exceeding 5 psig boost. Below is a selection of components available from Paxton (contact Paxton technical department to determine the proper valve selection for the specific application)
- Paxton # 8D204-001 Race bypass valve
- Paxton # 8D004-052 Race bypass weld-on flange (aluminum)
- Paxton # 8D103-001 Mondo bypass valve
- Paxton # 8D003-052 Mondo bypass weld-on flange (aluminum)
- Paxton # 8D205-003 BV57 bypass valve
- Paxton # 8D005-051 BV57 bypass weld-on flange (aluminum)
- Aftermarket ignition amplifier (not required, but recommended)
- MSD 6A ignition amplifier box or equivalent
|1001864SL||1964-1968||Universal Entry-Level Supercharger Kit for Carbureted Small Block Ford (260-302), Satin Finish||$2674.95|
|1001864SL-P||1964-1968||Universal Entry-Level Supercharger Kit for Carbureted Small Block Ford (260-302), Polished Finish||$3080.95|